Program Duration: 2 years and 3 months (condensed into 8 months)
(32 Weeks) Click here for a list of upcoming start dates.
Classroom Hours: 1040
Portfolio Shoots: 10
The Complete Makeup Artist Program is our longest running diploma program and offers extensive training in all seven disciplines of makeup artistry. Students will study each of these disciplines in-depth, learning how to create the looks and effects of each industry and how to create and apply their own designs for a variety of purposes. Artists will be able to prepare models for fashion shows and photo shoots, prepare actors for a film or television production, provide makeup for theatrical performances including operas and ballets, and design and sculpt prosthetics as well as creatures for a special effects makeup lab.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to
- Design and style hair appropriate for the time period and creative direction.
- Understand and recreate historical styles of fashion makeup, avant-garde looks for runway and designs for editorial, advertising and personal clients.
- Effectively communicate with a film or television director to design and implement the professional makeup requirements for a project.
- Design and execute theatrical makeup looks from specific periods to current styles.
- Fabricate facial hair to suit any production.
- Apply research and design skills to create, sculpt and execute realistic prosthetic appliances for a varied number of scenarios.
- Execute advanced techniques in design, sculpting, mould making and fabrication in order to translate a written description to three-dimensional form.
Graduates will receive a College Diploma in Complete Makeup Artistry.