Opportunity available for a full time Academic Staff position at CMU College of Makeup Art and Design, North America’s leader in Makeup Art and Design education.
Job Title: Film Special Effects Makeup and Prosthetics Instructor
Start date: As soon as possible
Location of work: Toronto
Salary: $78,750.00 per year plus a company benefits package including dental, medical, prescriptions, long term disability.
Overtime: There is no required overtime in this position.
Terms of employment: full-time, permanent position
Hour of work: 37.5 hours of work per week plus one monthly meeting outside class time.
Language of work: English
In a manner, which is consistent with the mission of the institution, the instructor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the classroom and the delivery of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities approved curriculum and practical course materials. The instructor is responsible to assist every student in achieving success in the course programs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, the Instructor will teach classes in Film and Television SPFX Makeup, Prosthetics and Creature Design courses.
- Teach courses using lectures, assignments and demonstration, in accordance with Ministry-approved curriculum and schedules
- Document student attendance and academic progress by grading assignments, examinations and tests, and uploading grades and attendance information into learning management systems
- Create a classroom learning environment that engages students and encourages involvement and participation from all students
- Be accessible to students outside classroom time to provide individual remedial instruction and guidance – in particular, each day during the half hour before and after class. Seek out students who are falling behind and encourage them to come in early/stay late for remedial instruction.
- Perform student support duties including counseling students with academic problems, providing student encouragement, and adapting curriculum to accommodate student learning styles and special needs
- Establish and communicate requirements & objectives for learning activities
- Advise Student Services in the event of any student non-compliance with college policies and procedures
- Manage classroom opening/closing, visual displays, class stock and supplies, and break schedules
- Ensure classroom equipment and facilities are adequate and functional. Advise Student Services of any issues
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for students
- Oversee photo shoots
- Instruct and monitor students in the safe use of power tools, products which may be hazardous, machinery and laboratory equipment and materials
- Demonstrate sculpting, mould making, painting and application of Prosthetic Appliances for Film and Television
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and skills workshops
- College or University degree in related field: Makeup, Arts, Sculpture, Arts Education an asset
- Minimum ten years experience as Special Effects Film Makeup Artist
- Notable Credits
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered
- Strong leadership ability
Please apply via facsimile or e-mail.
Please send a cover letter and resume referencing position title: Film Special Effects Makeup and Prosthetics Instructor to the attention of Kelly McCallum, VP Academic, CMU College of Makeup Art & Design, 110 Lombard Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1M3 Email: email@example.com, Fax: (416) 968-7340, Phone: (416) 968-6739 Ext. 40.