Program Duration: 2 years (condensed into 6 months)
(26 Weeks) Click here for a list of upcoming start dates.
Classroom Hours: 845
Portfolio Shoots: 9
The Comprehensive Makeup Artist Program is one of our longest running diploma programs and offers extensive training in six disciplines of makeup artistry. Students will study each of these disciplines in-depth, learning how to create the looks and effects of each industry and how to create and apply their own designs for a variety of purposes. Artists will be able to prepare models for fashion shows and photo shoots, prepare actors for a film or television production, provide makeup for theatrical performances including operas and ballets, and design and sculpt prosthetics.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to
- Design and style hair appropriate for the time period or creative direction requested.
- Understand and implement the historical styles of fashion makeup as well as today’s most avant-garde looks for runway, editorial, advertising and personal clients.
- Effectively communicate with a film or television director and be able to design and implement the professional makeup requirements for the project.
- Design and execute theatrical makeup looks from specific periods to current theatrical styles as required.
- Fabricate facial hair to suit any production.
- Apply research and design skills in order to create, sculpt and execute realistic prosthetic appliances for a varied number of scenarios.
Graduates will receive a College Diploma in Comprehensive Makeup Artistry.