CMU TORONTO International Students

We’re happy to help international students with everything from applying for a study permit to obtaining health insurance.

Joining the CMU as an international student

Are you an international student looking to access world-class makeup artist courses in Canada? As Toronto’s top college for professional and special effects makeup, we proudly set the international standard for makeup artistry education. Students benefit from an exceptional standard of instruction from industry experts who are dedicated to helping unlock their creative potential.

Wondering if CMU is right for you? 

Take The Quiz

CMU is a Canadian Designated Learning Institute.

As a DLI, international students who have study permits may work up to 20 hours per week off-campus.

International students who attend a private college in Canada (excluding Quebec) are not eligible for a post-graduation work permit. Because of this, they are not able to work in Canada after they have completed their studies.

Academic Requirements

To apply to CMU, you must either:

  •  Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or its equivalent, or
  •  Be 18 years of age or older and pass an SLE (Scholastic Level Exam)

Study Permits

If you are accepted into CMU, a confirmation of enrolment letter and a registration package will be sent to you via email. Once you receive this package, you will need to apply for a study permit. Study permits are required for all diploma and certificate programs.

To find out if you are eligible for a study permit, click here.

For study permit processing time by country, click here.

To apply for a study permit, click here.

Financial Assistance for International Students

Canadian student loans are not available for international students. Please get in touch with your government’s Ministry of Education to learn more about student loans in your country.

Please note: The information on this website does not constitute legal or immigration advice. It is each student’s responsibility to ensure they comply with all laws and regulations. Students may choose to contact a law firm for independent legal or immigration advice.


Ready to start your journey with CMU?