With the launch of CMU’s NEW Creature & Character Design Program, we are listing the reasons we’re so excited about this program and why you should be too!
1. The Creature & Character Design program is one-of-a-kind!
This program is the first of it’s kind to offer both traditional and digital sculpting, as well as foundation and career training!
2. Our new location is in the heart of Toronto
With TTC, the Distillery District and the St. Lawrence Market at your doorstep.
3. It’s got great hang out spots inside
The courtyard and restaurant are open to students any time
4. And there are creatures hiding around every corner
Just kidding! … But we do have fantastic creatures on display around the school.
5. We’ve got small class sizes
With only 10 students max in a class to ensure one-on-one time with instructors.
6. And amazing instructors!
With over 10 years of experience in their fields, our instructors know what’s going on!
7. There are some great lunch spots
Including St. James Park for picnicking, Sushi on site, and tons of great restaurants surrounding the area.
8. When you need a study break, there’s a lot to do in the city
9. Like going to cheer on any of our home teams
We’ve got the Jays, The Raptors, the Leafs! Oh my!
10. Back in class, everything is hands on!
11. You will start with Foundation courses
Beginning with an intro to Photoshop, Life Drawing and Figurative Sculpting
12. ZBrush has been used in a ton of films and tv shows you’ve probably seen
Ever heard of Game of Thrones, Star Wars or Jurassic World? Yeah, we thought so.
13. Practical Creature Designs are also used in a ton of films and tv shows you’ve probably seen
Now we know you’ve seen Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Jurassic Park!
14. Job opportunities after are a must
With a week dedicated to career planning, you’ll have the skills to go out there and land a job in industries like Film/TV, Gaming, Animation, 3D printing and more. This includes putting together photographs and digital images of student work into a professional portfolio.
15. Turn yourself into an action figure!
On a trip to Objex Unlimited, students will receive a full body scan and all the digital files. Students will also learn about the 3D printing process and receive a 6 inch printed figure of their digital creature. How cool is that!?