International Student Resources

CMU's COVID-19 Readiness Plan has been approved by the Ontario and Canadian governments in order to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada.

All international students are requested to review below information carefully while planning for their studies at CMU during COVID-19. If you have questions, please send us an email to [email protected]

For more information regarding Canada's COVID related entry policies, visit Government of Canada's website.


Quick FAQs for International Students

Where can I find the most recent information about study permits and immigration documentation?
Information from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to change due to COVID-19. It is recommended that you refer to the IRCC website for updates and changes.
Please also review the following helpful resources:

I have questions about my health insurance policy and coverage. Where can I find the most up-to-date information?
International students must have valid health insurance coverage in Canada. CBSA agents may ask students to demonstrate proof of health insurance coverage during their study period. Health insurance policies can be purchased by visiting Study Insured and Guard Me insurance websites. Once students purchase health insurance, they are encouraged to review the information provided by their providers and contact them directly regarding questions about the policy and coverage.

Where can I find translated public health information?
Toronto’s city website has a translate option. This tool gives residents and visitors who speak other languages a way of accessing City information featured on the website.
Translated public health information on a variety of topics related to COVID-19 is available through the Region of Peel and Ottawa Public Health.

I am a current international student at CMU, and I want to leave Canada and come back after some time. Will I be allowed to re-enter?
Under Canada’s current travel restrictions, holders of valid study permits and students approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020 may be allowed to travel to Canada if they have an essential (non-discretionary) reason to enter Canada. Students who wish to travel to Canada should note that, even if they fall under the guidelines provided on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website, this does not guarantee entry to Canada.  A Canadian Border Services Agency officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada when you arrive.

Who can I contact if I have more questions about international travel, immigration or arrival in Canada? 
CMU is providing online support and advising all CMU students virtually. If you have questions that have not been addressed here, please email us at [email protected]