CMU is proud to be the only institution in North America to offer training in all 8 disciplines of practical makeup artistry in an intensive 8-month program. With the skills learned in this intensive makeup artist training program, career opportunities are endless. Graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills to work in fashion, film or theatre, build their own brand and online influence, or in prosthetics design and special effects labs.
DID YOU KNOW?
The film unions IATSE and NABET both have chapters in Toronto. These unions represent makeup artists and other industry professionals. Many CMU alumni are members of IATSE and/or NABET. They have found work on the sets of major Hollywood productions, international productions and within prestigious special effects labs.
CMU Toronto’s Complete Makeup Artist Program is a great fit if you’re looking for a career in:
- Fashion makeup artistry
- Bridal makeup artistry
- Prosthetics design and application
- Creature design
- Special effects makeup (SFX Makeup)
- Film and Television makeup artistry
- Communication – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and co-workers through verbal, written and visual means.
- Critical thinking/problem solving – ability to anticipate, respond and provide solutions for problems and challenges in work environment
- Information management – ability to locate, organize, interpret and document information.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work collaboratively with others, recognizing the diversity of strengths in co-workers, respect for opinions and the value of contributions of others.
- Personal skills – ability to manage time and resources effectively, take initiative and make decisions.
Ready to kickstart your career as a makeup artist in Toronto, and beyond? To learn more about makeup artistry courses and programs offered through Canada’s leading Makeup Artist College (and for a detailed breakdown of makeup artist course fees), please reach out to CMU Admissions.
COURSES INCLUDED IN THE COMPLETE MAKEUP ARTIST DIPLOMA PROGRAM